Re: [html] Elements within "title"?

From: Dustin Boyd <rpgfan3233@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:35:38 -0600
To: "Jens Meiert" <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
You bring up a good point about the title element. However, I wonder
if screen readers do anything with something like
<title>Page Title - <acronym title="British Broadcasting

That would be the only sensible kind of markup for the title element,
in my opinion. Of course, the spec doesn't state that the title needs
to be rendered by a user agent such as in the title bar of a browser
like Firefox or as the heading for a search engine result. I think it
would make sense to leave the title element as it is. I should note
that it seems a bit more like metainformation than anything else.
Something along the lines of:

I don't know though.

On Feb 6, 2008 8:52 AM, Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com> wrote:
> I do not necessarily want to warm up the old discussion [1] that wondered about the content model of the "title" element (not allowing any elements within) but instead ask why "title" needed to be an element at all – wouldn't it have been sufficient as "html@title" as well?
> Just out of curiosity and due to the fact that apparently, "title"'s content model will or can not be changed anymore.
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2007Feb/0002.html
> --
> Jens Meiert
> http://meiert.com/en/