Re: [html] Elements within "title"?

From: Dustin Boyd <rpgfan3233@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:35:38 -0600
To: "Jens Meiert" <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
You bring up a good point about the title element. However, I wonder
if screen readers do anything with something like
<title>Page Title - <acronym title="British Broadcasting
Corporation">BBC</acronym></title>

That would be the only sensible kind of markup for the title element,
in my opinion. Of course, the spec doesn't state that the title needs
to be rendered by a user agent such as in the title bar of a browser
like Firefox or as the heading for a search engine result. I think it
would make sense to leave the title element as it is. I should note
that it seems a bit more like metainformation than anything else.
Something along the lines of:
Corporation">BBC</acronym></meta>

I don't know though.

--