Re: Radio and checkbox texts

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:00:54 +0100
To: w3-html <www-html@w3.org>

On 24 Apr 2008, at 12:34, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> This is a very, very poor example, because

... it takes the suggested code from the previous post and re-
implements it in HTML 4.01 without addressing any of the shortcomings
of the design of the form (which has little to do with the markup used
to represent it).

> That's definitely an improvement. However, the large majority of forms
> on existing web pages lacks such markup, so most users probably
> haven't
> even noticed the feature.

How would having new syntax to achieve the same goal solve that problem?

> The "generic system" requires a new identifier to be invented for each
> and every input field and two attributes to be written

explicit association since the label can then be styled independently
of the control, but that's personal preference.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/