Re: [Role Module] Namespace for 'role' Attribute

From: Jim Jewett <jimjjewett@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:24:28 -0400
To: "David Woolley" <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

On 10/30/07, David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk> wrote:
> Doug Schepers wrote:

> > I have no problem with requiring namespaces per se, but I don't see the
> > rationale in this instance.

> Given that a namespace can be a single letter and a colon

And declaring the namespace in the first place.

You may believe the cost is trivial; the html5 editors seem to
disagree.  They have said that browser implementors consider
namespaces an unacceptable requirement.  (I don't know whether they
consider it hard for a UA to implement, or just something that they
believe html authors won't use in practice.)

So again, someone believes there is a cost.  What is the benefit of
the namespace requirement?

-jJ