Re: html code in <script>

David Woolley wrote:
> My advise would be to revert to HTML 4.01 and use HTML comments to
> protect the scripts against earlier browsers.

Where "earlier browsers" refers to obsolete browsers like Netscape and
IE 2.x.  Basically anything released before the <script> element was
introduced in HTML 3.2 over a decade ago.

In general, it's a bad idea to teach people to use HTML comments within
scripts these days because it's completely unnecessary and if and when
authors try to use XHTML, it's yet another habbit they'll be forced to
break or otherwise their scripts will be commented out.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/