Re: Cleaning House

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 16:14:30 +0200
To: "Philip Taylor (Webmaster)" <P.Taylor@rhul.ac.uk>, www-html@w3.org, public-html@w3.org

On Thu, 03 May 2007 16:10:02 +0200, Philip Taylor (Webmaster)
<P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk> wrote:
>> Show me an example of a popular WYSIWYG editor that does this.
>
> We're designing an HTML dialect for tomorrow, not for today.
> Forget what current editors do : think about what tomorrow's
> editors /could/ and /should/ do.

We should also remain realistic. I've yet to see an editor that does that
and has been successful. Both on the web and outside it. If in the future
such an editor comes to exist we can always update the specification.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>