Re: Cleaning House

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 07:39:00 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

Elliott Sprehn wrote:

> Forever. The specification must contain details on how to process the
> deprecated tags so that UAs of the future will know how to process old
> documents.

Current specifications don't do that.  I don't think that, for example,
link rev=made was kept when it was replaced by the less hyperlink
capable meta author.  Normally features have been dropped one
specification after they were deprecated, but ones only implemented by
minority browsers, like link rev=made, have been dropped without a
deprecation stage.