Re: abbr and acronym

From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA <leandro.dutra@corp.orolix.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:34:49 -0300
To: "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Em Seg, 2007-03-26 às 15:13 +0100, Patrick H. Lauke escreveu:
> Quoting Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA <leandro.dutra@corp.orolix.com>:
>
> > 	Yes, but acronyms are pronounced as words, while all-uppercase
> > non-acronym abbreviations are spelled out.  So with different acronym
> > and abbr elements a speech the user agent will know what to do, roughly
> > ? obviously hybrids (eg JPEG) will need special treatment.
>
> But that is arguably a matter of aural presentation, not of the
> content itself.

	I see it as a matter of content — the aural presentation (for instance)
will flow naturally from it.

	Obviously the dictionary should help, but it feels wrong to leave it to
dictionary only in such a dynamic field as language itself.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA <leandro.dutra@corp.orolix.com>
http://orolix.com.br./