Re: Will XHTML2 require scripting turned on? XForms

Hi Jacques,

Not sure what you mean by "requires scripting". I *think* I know, but
I don't want to try to address one issue, when in reality we're
dealing with something completely different. :) Would you mind
explaining a little more?

Regards,

Mark

On 23/03/07, Jacques Steyn <Jacques.Steyn@infotech.monash.edu> wrote:

> I agree with Andrea that content and behaviour should be separated.
>
> But this raises an interesting question on XForms, which requires
> scripting, and by implication Scripts then need to be turned on.
>
> I am not aware of any browser that supports XForms *natively* - anyone
> suggest one?
>

> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>

> > Jasper Magick wrote:
> >
> >> When viewing this page http://w3future.com/weblog/gems/xhtml2.xml in
> >> order for it to display correctly I had to enable JavaScript in my
> >> browser (eventhough there isn't a single script/handler tag on that
> >> page).
> >

> > Browsers do not have native support for XHTML2 (mainstream browsers
> > probably never will).  That page uses script to simulate some of the
> > proposed features in XHTML2.
> >
> > See
> > http://w3future.com/weblog/gems/xhtml2.css
> >
> > *[href] {