Re: XHTML and Latest Standards

Hi,

From: Jonathan Worent <jworent@yahoo.com>
>I have not personally confirmed this but websemantics.co.uk
>mentions <base href="someURL" /> causes IE to not highlight
>text.
>
><base href="someURL" />

This is simply an HTML parsing bug in IE6, which has been fixed in IE7. It's
completely unrelated to XHTML. Basically, IE6 requires an end tag for <base>
and will construct an illegal DOM without it, where <body> is a child of
both the <base> and <html> elements. See:

http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/?%3C%21DOCTYPE%20html%3E%0D%0A%3Cbase%3E...

For the selecting text bug to appear you need some CSS style rules as well,
IIRC.

Regards,
Simon Pieters

Titta på livekonserter - exklusivt på MSN
http://msnpresents.msn.com/hub/?mkt=sv-se