Re: XHTML and Latest Standards

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 05:08:25 +0000
To: jworent@yahoo.com, www-html@w3.org

From: Jonathan Worent <jworent@yahoo.com>
>I have not personally confirmed this but websemantics.co.uk
>mentions <base href="someURL" /> causes IE to not highlight
><base href="someURL" />

This is simply an HTML parsing bug in IE6, which has been fixed in IE7. It's
completely unrelated to XHTML. Basically, IE6 requires an end tag for <base>
and will construct an illegal DOM without it, where <body> is a child of
both the <base> and <html> elements. See:

For the selecting text bug to appear you need some CSS style rules as well,

Simon Pieters

Titta på livekonserter - exklusivt på MSN