Re: HTML5 script start tag should select appropriate content model according to src

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Laura Carlson wrote:

> >   Either the presentational bits go, or we're left with a
> >   half-presentational language as since HTML 3.2.
> >
> >   Is that what we want?
>
> Tina is right.
>
> It would be a step backwards. HTML5 should be designed for modeling the
> logical structure and semantics of information, not its appearance.

Arguing this here is not going to have any effect. If you want to actually
have your opinion taken into account, please join the HTML working group
(anyone can join, it's free to join). There are people strongly arguing
that HTML should be a purely presentational language, much, much more
presentational than the proposed WHATWG draft. In fact, unless someone
argues against it, it's likely that the W3C spec will be even less
semantic and more presentational than the WHATWG draft. So if you think
the WHATWG draft is already too presentational, I really encourage you to
make your opinion known in the HTML working group.