Re: HTML5 script start tag should select appropriate content model according to src

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:25:45 +0100
To: "www-html@w3.org >> XHTML-Liste" <www-html@w3.org>

David Woolley wrote:

>> Writers, even technical ones, would rarely hand-code their
>> HTML...they'd get an authoring or conversion tool for that. They may
>> not even be aware of elements like those existed, but I'd posit that
>> they'd use them if made more easily available.
>
> My experience of the way that people use Microsoft Word suggests otherwise.

Most people (non-technical, not professional writers) also don't bother
with actual Heading 1 etc, but just select text and make it bigger (and
then spend their time making a table of contents by hand). That doesn't
tell us that we should also consider dropping H1-H6 from HTML and just
relying on <font size="+3">, and retrospectively bestow it with
structural/semantic meaning.

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/