Re: HTML5 script start tag should select appropriate content model according to src

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 23:05:41 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

Tina Holmboe wrote:

>   I can't answer the above question; I frankly don't understand it. If
>   there is no incentive, then DIV and SPAN is ALL we need, and we can
>   get on with life pretty quickly.

Actually, there is an authoring tool, iWeb, which pretty much does just
that, although it also throws in a and img :-(. It seems to be fairly
popular amongst not-for-profits authoring their own sites, I believe it
comes from Apple.  It also follows the Appendix C fashion and does all
the styling with style attributes.  The version that created the page I
just checked was 1.1.2.

I complained to one user who was actually promoting it, but it didn't
worry them that it was creating semantic free HTML.