Re: 3.6. Naming Rules, XHTML Modularization 1.1, W3C Working Draft 5 July 2006

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:16:03 +0200, David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
wrote:

> I've just come across this section of XHTML Modularization 1.1:
>
>   Only XHTML Host Language conforming documents should begin the
>   public text description with the token XHTML.
>
> Now, that isn't a "SHOULD", but it seems to be coming rather close to
> redefining http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/#dt-doctype and I can't find any
> mention of the XHTML Modularization spec there.
>
> Is it appropriate for authors of XML documents to have the rules for
> authoring XML documents modified by an unreferenced specification?

Why do you think this conformance clause applies to all XML authors?

It gives naming rules for "XHTML Host Language document types", which are
defined 5 sections earlier. If it is one of those, it should follow the
naming rules.

Steven Pemberton