[XHTML1.1] Error in Conformance Definition document?

From: Kelly <lightsolphoenix@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 00:02:41 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org

I wanted to mention this, because I just had it pointed to as proof that W3C
wants people to violate their own conformance instructions and serve XHTML
using text/html regardless of version.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/conformance.html#strict

Is there a reason the last paragraph of that section says you can serve XHTML
1.1 as text/html, and then proceeds to link to a document that says you can't
(the XHTML MIME type document)?

Is that just an error, copied from XHTML 1.0 by mistake, or something?
--
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ - Get Firefox!
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ - Reclaim Your Inbox!