Re: Identifying end tags

Shlomi Asaf wrote:

 >>On 6/28/06, *Laurens Holst* <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl
 > <mailto:lholst@students.cs.uu.nl>> wrote:
 >  >How would that have any effect on my page loading time? I have a 100mbit
 >  >connection. Bandwidth is ever increasing.
 >
 > all users have high speed connection, so you fight against your
 > competitors on the same pipe line, which means that the smaller your
 > file is, the faster it will render on the screen.

[snip]

I might be inclined to ascribe slightly more weight to your argument,
Shlomi, if your own site (cited at the bottom of your message)

	visit my blog: http://www.webcssdesign.34sp.com/

was valid (X)HTML.  But it isn't.  Nor does it follow the
very precepts that you set out to convince us are valid :
it contains long class names : "postentry", "postmeta",
"posttitle", multiple (redundant) spaces :
"</a>				</p>", absolute URLs wasting
/reams/ of characters :
href="http://www.webcssdesign.34sp.com/2006/06/working_with_standard_html.html#respond"
and so on.

If you genuinely believe that every byte counts (which I don't :
I believe that layout and readability matter /far/ more) -- then
why not practise what you preach ?

Philip Taylor