Re: Re: [XHTML 2.0] emphesis

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:43:13 +0200 (CEST)
To: www-html@w3.org

On 23 Jun, Jonathan Worent wrote:

> Currently CSS is the only way to achieve more than two
> levels of emphasis. I don't know of any browsers

  Neither currently, nor in the future*, can CSS do any such thing.
  There is no way to indicate emphasis using a stylesheet.

  *
   Now, if the W3C suddenly decide to re-create CSS as a language for
   defining semantics, then yes. It could. But it can't today.

--
 -       Tina Holmboe                           Greytower Technologies
       tina@greytower.net                      http://www.greytower.net