Re: Undefined types in XHTML Modularization Schemas

Hi Christoph,
Yes, you are right, the problem is real but my solution was wrong: the
XHTML 1.1 XML Schema lacks a reference to events
attributes such as "onmouseover" etc., but the events attributes must be
linked from the XHTML 1.1 driver, in order to avoid
affecting XHTML modules, which are also used by other drivers such as
XHTML Basic.

I suggest a new correction to this problem, in the "module of common
content models for XHTML 1.1"
[http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/SCHEMA/xhtml11-model-1.xsd],
adding a reference to a group defined in the events
module
[http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/SCHEMA/xhtml-events-1.xsd].

Lines 52-69 of xhtml11-model-1.xsd:

<xs:attributeGroup
     name="xhtml.Common.extra">
     <xs:annotation>
         <xs:documentation> Extended Common Attributes </xs:documentation>
     </xs:annotation>
     <xs:attributeGroup
         ref="xhtml.style.attrib">
         <xs:annotation>
             <xs:documentation> "style" attribute from Inline Style Module
</xs:documentation>
         </xs:annotation>
     </xs:attributeGroup>
     <xs:attributeGroup
         ref="xhtml.Events.attrib"><!-- Reference to attribute group added
-->
         <xs:annotation>
             <xs:documentation> Attributes from Events Module
</xs:documentation>
         </xs:annotation>
     </xs:attributeGroup>
</xs:attributeGroup>

Apart from that and as you said
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2006May/0009.html], the XML
Schema for XHTML Basic
needs also a correction to allow the <html> element.

Here is an XHTML Basic example
[http://www.w3.org/People/mimasa/test/schemas/xhtml-basic-sample.xml] that
is not working with
the current XHTML Basic XML Schema
[http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/SCHEMA/xhtml-basic10.xsd]
(2006-02-13).

It is interesting to note that an earlier version of the XML Schema for
XTHML Basic does work
[http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/SCHEMA/xhtml-basic10.xsd] (2005-04-20). So this
is a problem that has been recently introduced.

Since XHTML Modularisation is still a "Proposed Recommendation", I hope
that those issues will be addressed soon. Otherwise
indeed, some bugs that have been known for years (e.g. more than 4 years
for an error in the official XHTML Basic DTD
xhtml-framework-1.mod
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2001OctDec/1246.html])
have unfortunately not been
corrected yet.