Re: Problem in publishing multilingual HTML document on web in UTF-8 encoding

Hi,

On 6/3/06, Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@getdesigned.at> wrote:
> The practical problem here is, what signals the change of the encoding?
> Is it the end of the meta element, or the end of the content attribute
> of the meta start tag? Since no such thing is specified, we can safely
> assume that the character encoding cannot change during the document.

Yup, it is the end of the <meta> tag, because the parser will accept
should happen

> Sebastian Redl

And what about EBCDIC (or other non-ASCII compatible encoding) based
XML documents which contains following prolog:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="encoding-name"?>

I've never seen non-ASCII based XML documents. So I think, the
document has to be split in two parts, first which is encoded in ASCII
compatible encoding, should become header and the rest of the document
which contains the text (encoded in encoding specified in the header
part).

Am I correct or not ??

And what about this issue of HTML priority, is that priority order wrong ?

Thanks
Ashish Shukla
--
Ashish Shukla "Wah Java !!"
आशीष शुक्ल>

  ,= ,-_-. =.
 ((_/)o o(\_))
      \_/

My blah, blah, blah at http://wahjava.blogspot.com/
My webpages at http://www.geocities.com/wah_java_dotnet/

My GPG Fingerprint: BBA9 AD7D BA71 61EB BE46 8CF5 E44A C663 A03F 4261

My GPG keys at
http://keyserv.nic-se.se:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA03F4261
--
Supercomputers are for people too rich and too stupid to design
efficient algorithms -- Steven Skiena, Department of Computer Science,