Re: hreflang

From: Oskar Welzl <lists@welzl.info>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 21:23:21 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

Am Montag, den 06.02.2006, 20:58 +0100 schrieb Laurens Holst:
> In practice it is maybe more
> likely that document authors will use only single language-identifiers
> for @hreflang.

If document authors and CSS-authors can agree on this and maybe browser
vendors join the agreement, maybe then this would be a basis for the
working group to rethink the issue and go back to single-value
attributes in XHTML2? :-)

> [hreflang="nl"],
> [hreflang^="nl-"],
> [hreflang^="nl;"],
> [hreflang^="nl,"],
> [hreflang*=",nl-"],
> [hreflang*=",nl;"],
> [hreflang*=",nl,"],
> [hreflang$=",nl"] {
>     background-image: url('dutch_flag.png');
> }

Wow! Can't wait to see this beauty in the wild. (Although I have no idea
if it does what it should - I simply trust you.)
Could you skillfully apply the same ruthless cruelty to XSLT?
Please? ;-)

Regards,
Oskar