Re: Question about XHTML 2.0 and content type

Am Samstag, 4. Februar 2006 09:56 schrieb L. David Baron:
> On Thursday 2006-02-02 22:08 +0100, Christian Hujer wrote:
> > I'm glad that Mozilla negotiates to accept application/xhtml+xml with
> > higher priority than text/html,
>
> I'm not.  Mozilla's handling of application/xhtml+xml is inferior to its
> handling of text/html, since the former is not displayed incrementally
> (that is, nothing shows up until the entire document has been retrieved
> from the network).  It is therefore a disservice to our users to claim
> that application/xhtml+xml is better than text/html.
Does this depend on the way Mozilla handles application/xhtml+xml or on
application/xhtml+xml in general? (This is a rhetoric question, of course)

Anyway, in that case I'd suggest that Mozilla improves its handling of XML
instead of preferring text/html over application/xhtml+xml.
--
Christian Hujer
Free software developer