Re: Question about XHTML 2.0 and content type

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 00:56:42 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org
On Thursday 2006-02-02 22:08 +0100, Christian Hujer wrote:
> I'm glad that Mozilla negotiates to accept application/xhtml+xml with higher
> priority than text/html,

I'm not.  Mozilla's handling of application/xhtml+xml is inferior to its
handling of text/html, since the former is not displayed incrementally
(that is, nothing shows up until the entire document has been retrieved
from the network).  It is therefore a disservice to our users to claim
that application/xhtml+xml is better than text/html.

-David