this needs to be changed in the validator

From: Jasper Magick <jasper.magick@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:00:40 -0500
To: www-html@w3.org

I see on many many sites, people are serving their documents as
text/html but using the xhtml 1.1 doctype.  Yet they don't think
anything about it since the validator says it's valid.  Even trying to
contact them letting them know usuaully results in a response like "if
the validator says it's ok, then I'm not changing it"

I think you should add a small modification to the markup validator so
it will call any document with a doctype of xhtml 1.1 and served as
text/html invalid.