Re: Re: Design question about formats based on XHTML 2

From: Peter Krantz <peter.krantz@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:53:31 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org

On 8/30/06, Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com> wrote:

> Or, in other words, @role; its not just for accessibility any more (sm).

Am I interpreting it correctly if I use it like this:

<section role="legal:paragraph">...

...provided that the "legal" namespace has already been established in
the document.

This sounds interesting and feels coherent with the naming of the role
attribute. But, if this is the case, then the wording in section
26.1[1] in current version of the specification should change.

Specifically the phrase "It is used by applications and assistive
technologies to determine the purpose of UI widgets".

Kind regards,

Peter Krantz

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-roleAttribute.html#col_Role