Re: Re: Design question about formats based on XHTML 2

From: Edward Lass <elass@goer.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:58:28 -0400
To: <www-html@w3.org>

>>> "Peter Krantz" <peter.krantz@gmail.com> 8/30/2006 8:53:31 AM >>>
> Am I interpreting it correctly if I use it like this:
>
> <section role="legal:paragraph">...
>
> ...provided that the "legal" namespace has already been established
in
> the document.

I think this specific example would be a misuse of the XHTML2
Structural Module, since that same module's <p/> element already means
paragraph (and "XHTML2's paragraphs represent the conceptual idea of a
paragraph, and so may contain lists, blockquotes, pre's and tables as
well as inline text").[1]

In this case, the @role attribute could be applied to <p/> to,
literally, specify the role of this type of paragraph within the
document.

- Ed.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-structural.html#s_structuralmodule