Re: XHTML2: Proposal for total separation of semantics from structure

Junk Account wrote:
> Regarding my mail adress, yes, I'm aware, thanks. I do look at it,
> however, and I did include my good adress in my first message. I hoped
> it was obvious that I did this to avoid spam. I have no clue why w3c
> lists don't mask email adresses, though.

I have no knowledge of this discussion as I haven't been following it,
but I felt compelled to reply to this bit.

The reason that W3C lists don't mask email addresses is exactly what
David said in his reply to you. There are often situations where it is
useful to reply off-list to someone, and when email addresses are masked
hitting "Reply" sends your email to an invalid or non-existent address.

Just like it does with your email address.

Spam filters are much better then providing invalid email addresses to
the world -- they don't stop the legitimate ones too.
--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Freelance web developer