RE: XInclude In XHTML?

Kelly,

There is nothing to *stop* you using XInclude with XHTML since it operates
at the XML level, rather than XHTML. By the time the XML document reaches an
XHTML processor, any XIncludes will have already been processed.

While I'm here, the use case you describe--building documents without a
server--is a great one, and something that I too am very much interested in.
Another feature that complements what you describe is the idea of
'client-side variables'; in the same way that you can pass name/value pairs
to a server, or give values via parameters to some command-line application,
so we need a way to pass variables to an XHTML application processor. You'll
probably have seen that some scripted HTML slideshow apps will jump to a
specific slide, so I'm only talking about generalising that approach.

Coupled with XInclude it would be pretty powerful!

Regards,

Mark

Mark Birbeck
CEO