Re: Loading order

Dario De Judicibus wrote:
>>> No info is provoded in the specifications about document loading
>>> order. I think it should.
>>
>> Why?
>
> Well, I experienced situations where the javascript code inside a
> document loade in frame A could not operate correctly until another
> document was loaded in frame B. That is, javascript stuff operating
> cross-documents should be activated ONLY when alla documents are
> loaded.

Even if an order were specified in which the documents must be
requested, there are still factors out of control of the spec that would
make such behaviour unreliable for anything like that.  e.g. If it was
defined that document A must be loaded first and is thus requested first
by the browser, browsers aren't going to wait for document A to load
before requesting B and there's no guarantee that A will finish loading
first.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/