Re: Comments on the XHTML 2.0 WD

From: ACJ <ego@acjs.net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 19:05:18 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org
I understand the difference in type of lists, and that is exactly why
I've recently started pondering (I was a fan when I first read about it)
whether navigation should be one of them—it seems to me "navigation"
says something about its contents on a different level. What I mean is:
shouldn't it up to the author whether the navigation of a document is
presented as an ordered list; unordered list; set of terms and
definitions; or perhaps not as a list at all? I can even think of use
case scenario's where the navigation is presented as a table. Consider
the following markup:

<caption>*Table* of contents</caption>

Also, isn't this why dir and menu didn't work out?

Again, just a thought. :)