RE: About XHTML 2.0

Sebastian,

One of the problems with XML is that it represents hierarchical information
very easily. Most will say how is that a problem -- surely that's what we
want! Unfortunately it means that all data gets squeezed into a hierarchical
model, and sometimes it's squeezed in kicking and screaming.

So, yes, we know that if you have:

    separator

you can make that into:

That's simple.

But did I say that A and B have a parent of Y? I didn't. Did I say that A
and B were in the same 'group' as each other? I certainly didn't do that.
Did I say that A and B are in a different group to C? No. In fact the only
thing I said was that I want a separator -- I didn't even say what I want to
separate. Everything else is a layer of semantics that you are trying to
impose on my document that I did not imply.

It's a cliché indeed, but it does seem to me to be a case of "when you have
a new hammer belt, you tend to carry your hammer around with you all day".
;)

Regards,

Mark

Mark Birbeck