Re: Navigation Lists Lack Adequate Structure and Other Thoughts on Navigation Lists

From: Maxwell Terpstra <terpstra@myrealbox.com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 16:14:53 -0700
Cc: www-html@w3.org
To: Kelly Miller <lightsolphoenix@gmail.com>

On 21-May-05, at 10:11, Kelly Miller wrote:
> Actually, when it comes to nl, I think it would be more useful if it
> were more like a definition list (with both a "term" and
> "description).

Why bother having an additional element for the description?  The title
attribute already fills this role well enough.  Even more information
about the link can be added using the facilities provided by the
metadata attributes module.

Furthermore, the definition-list model is not structurally suited for
this use, because it is too difficult to select the definition for a
particular term using CSS.

--Maxwell Terpstra