Neutral tags (like meta inside body).

From: Miguel Mingo <miguel.mingo@grupobbva.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 03:56:16 +0000
To: <www-html@w3.org>

Hi all,

I'm new at the list, so I think I should start saying who am I.

My name is Miguel Mingo, and I'm working at a big financial company
(Internet and Intranet department). I knew about W3C since I was studying at
university, and now I try to follow the standards and recommendations of W3C
for proffesional and personal projects.

We have a search engine (external) that indexes the site's pages, in order
to provide the search functionality inside the site. The way this search
engine excludes part of the code is the main problem. It uses a special

-----------
	<head>
	</head>

		[...] (NO indexed code, i.e. navigation menu)

-----------

The meta tags inside body arent allowed, so the code from _all_ of out sites
doesn't validate.

We're looking for a solution, and the owners of the search engine have told
us which tag we want to use instead of meta. I don't know which one choose
(if there's one), but must be a valid one, and not deprecated (or near
deprecated).

Any help whould be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

--