Re: Columns in HTML/CSS

l.tadros@gmx.net schreef:

> Hi, I'm new to this so pardon if my question is dumb: I want to create
> a html document using amaya (lots of equations) which is meant for
> printing rather than reading online, so the page layout etc is
> important. What I wanted was to somehow have the page divided in two
> columns, yet keep the first line with the title in one column
> (centered in page). So the two columns start after the title. I know
> you can use tables but the text flow wouldn't work, same for frames.
> Is there any native command in html or css that does that? Or any
> workaround for that matter?
> Thanks in advance!

You need to use CSS for that, it is presentation. There is a columns
module working draft overhere:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-css3-multicol-20010118/

It is already implemented experimentally in Prince and recent Mozilla
nightly builds, afaik. Mozilla needs -moz- prefixes on the properties. I
don’t know whether Amaya supports it.

~Grauw