Columns in HTML/CSS

From: <l.tadros@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:15:15 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org

Hi, I'm new to this so pardon if my question is dumb: I want to create a
html document using amaya (lots of equations) which is meant for printing
rather than reading online, so the page layout etc is important. What I
wanted was to somehow have the page divided in two columns, yet keep the
first line with the title in one column (centered in page). So the two
columns start after the title. I know you can use tables but the text flow
wouldn't work, same for frames. Is there any native command in html or css
that does that? Or any workaround for that matter?
Thanks in advance!