Re: [XHTML 2.0] Attribute level for h element?

Kelly Miller wrote:
> Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:
>> If the section has a sub-header, doesn't that represent the header
>> of a sub-section? [snip]
>>
> Sometimes (and in that case, then what you wrote is correct).  But
> what about this:
>
> <section> <h1>WidgetCo Inc. Posts Record Profits in 3Q 1999</h1>
> <h2>Industry Leader Credits Hard Work, Determination, Licensing Fees
> as Keys to its Success</h2>

I would venture that that <h2> isn't a sub-header -- more of a tagline.
If I was marking that up, I'd probably do:

<h1>WidgetCo Inc. Posts Record Profits in 3Q 1999</h1>
Licensing Fees as Keys to its Success</p>

Although it's debatable whether the tagline is a paragraph...

Jasper