Re: Best Practices: Presentational Images

From: Jeremy Rand <jeremy@asofok.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:19:35 -0500
To: www-html@w3.org

Orion Adrian wrote:

>All images need alt text. It doesn't matter how an image gets to the
>user (via XSLT or hard coded), images should always be used as content
>and not as presentation unless they're purely styling and that should
>be handled by CSS.
>
>Group, correct me if I'm wrong.

The presentational images I am referring to are just borders for divs.
They are not content, and their alt text should just be "" because they
convey no information.  I would use the CSS border properties, but I
want the corners to be rounded, and (correct me if I'm wrong) there is
not good browser support for rounded corners of borders with CSS.  So
presentational images are my only option.

-Jeremy Rand