Re: Best Practices: Presentational Images

On 7/7/05, Jeremy Rand <jeremy@asofok.org> wrote:

> When you want to include presentational images (alt text as ""; is not
> content) in an XHTML document, is it best practice to include them in
> the document itself, or to add them through XSLT?  I'm thinking it would
> be XSLT, since that would separate content from presentation, but I'm
> wondering what the people on this list think.

All images need alt text. It doesn't matter how an image gets to the
user (via XSLT or hard coded), images should always be used as content
and not as presentation unless they're purely styling and that should
be handled by CSS.

Group, correct me if I'm wrong.

--

Orion Adrian