Re: rel="nofollow" attribute

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:34:03 +0000, Nicholas Chase <nchase@earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Everybody's focusing on the semantics of "nofollow" as a word, but if
> you really want to get into it, it IS accurate.

Not at all.

> This is a link whose relationship with the current content is that it not
> related enough that it should be followed.  Period.

Then why do you even need a 'rel' value? Can't you just write out the URI
of the author in plain text, that is, in no elements or tags at all? Or
even better; why write out the URI in the first place?

Afaik, Google does not follow links that aren't there. That should solve
the problem quite nicely.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg     -=|=-    http://virtuelvis.com/quark/