Re[3]: rel="nofollow" attribute

Hello,

I was expecting some feedback from you, Ian.

On 2005-01-21T14:05:44+03:00 Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Alexander Savenkov wrote:
>>
>> See, one of the main problems the W3C is solving is standardization.
>> I'm worried that the things which are likely to affect a lot of people
>> on the Internet are being developed by some proprietary groups, be
>> that the Google-MSN-Y!-6A alliance, the so-called WHAT WG or something
>> else.

> Just a quick note to clarify some misconceptions: the WHATWG is not
> proprietary.

Of course it is. I didn't mean to say it's a completely closed
formation according to its charter. But it is a proprietary (private)
group per se. From my point of view, it is solving the private
marketing problems of the Opera Software, of Ian Hickson etc.

The above-mentioned group, in spite of the patronizing tone it has
chosen for its site, is incomparable to the W3C. Competition in
general is a good thing, while competition in the sphere of
standardization is very harmful and has to be avoided at any rate.

> It is in fact a completely open group, with all discussions
> taking place in a publically archived mailing list and all working drafts
> being permanently available on the Web. Input is welcome from everyone,
> and all input is personally replied to.

Note that advertisement and off-topic messages are highly discouraged
on most of the mailing lists.

Alexander
--
  Alexander Savenkov                            http://www.xmlhack.ru/