Re: Suggestion: 'rel="unrelated"' (was: Re: rel="nofollow" attribute)

On Sunday 23 January 2005 02:07, Mark Birbeck wrote:
> For example, all the blogging software companies could indicate that the
> 'type' of the page was a blog. Or they could mark up the comments area as
> 'comments'.

I would hope it's the latter, unless you intend to penalise the owner of the
weblog the same way that the spammers are penalised.

I'm starting to wonder why this couldn't have been achieved without markup at
all.  The web server _knows_ that it's Googlebot requesting the page.
Couldn't the web application simply omit the entire comment section?  Or add
any magic attributes only for bots?  Or if more than one bot had to be
supported, could they not introduce a new HTTP header?

TX

--
             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz@trypticon.org>
          Web site: http://xaoza.net/