Re: rel="nofollow" attribute

Jens Meiert wrote:
> Rather some alternative solution than this attempt, which in my opinion
> should be ignored.

So world wide implementations should be ignored? If the W3C had proposed
something for this a while ago, maybe in a single draft, I guess it
would have been possible.

However, since it seems (I may be wrong) that the W3C is currently not
really looking for what authors need, solutions are find in one way or
another and implemented in user agents.

This particular thing is/will be implemented in at least 3 major search
engines and in at least 10 weblog systems[1]. And that is only on day of
release.

I do not think the W3C can simply ignore such things and say that some
alternative solution should be made. If the W3C wants some influence on
where the web is heading it should act before such a thing as this happens.

They can easily do this by looking for what authors want and what useful
extensions would be for HTML and XHTML that authors need today instead
of in 20 years.

[1]<http://www.google.com/googleblog/2005/01/preventing-comment-spam.html>

--
  Anne van Kesteren