Re: Browser Version Vs. HTML version

Le 08 févr. 2005, à 03:20, David Dorward a écrit :
> On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 05:29:46AM +0000, Meharwade, Raghavendra wrote:
>
>> Do we have a chart which compares browser version and HTML version.
>
> There is no direct correspondence between browsers and versions of
> HTML. You will find that most browsers support most of HTML 4.01.

Well… I really don't want to play the devil advocate, but that is not
true and unfortunately. HTML 4.01 is partially implemented on all
browsers in the market even recent ones. To their credits, at the time
of HTML 4.01, there was no public W3C test suite, and no serious
implementation report table has been done.

For example, the element object is not implemented correctly on any
browser I have tried so far and I say any, and believe me I would love
to be proved wrong.

I'm waiting with impatience for the last call version of XHTML 2.0,
because that would be the opportunity to define what has to be
implemented and what is vague or not implementable uniformly. A bit to
have to choose between functional and semantics only elements and how
they should be implemented depending on the class of products (user
agents, consumers, producers tools, validation tools, etc)

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***