Re: object + fallback content in form submission

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 11:34:47 +0000
To: www-html@w3.org

Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> The list exists for discussing the development of HTML.
> If you need help with practical problems in HTML authoring,
> other fora such as news:comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html
> are more appropriate.

Fair enough, although I felt that my question wasn't so much about "how
do I do this" but rather a clarification of existing spec.

> In the XHTML 2.0 draft, the formulation is better, but it still refers
> to "processing" of the object and the <object> element's content, and it
> seems that the meaning of "processing" is still somewhat vague.

In which case, getting back to the point of this list: could the
situation be clarified in a future draft? And no, I wouldn't say it's a
"contrived" situation...it's a real world situation where, for
accessibility and interoperability reasons, an author needs to provide
alternative content to an object (as per spec) which happens to be in a
form (also nothing wrong per spec).

Right, off to find a more suitable list then...

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com