Re: XHTML2: Proposal for total separation of semantics from structure

Laurens Holst:
> Christoph Päper schreef:
>> I disagree, for element names should carry the main semantics,
>>
>>   <"some parent with only block children allowed">
>>     <code class="pre"/>
>
> I disagree with that, class doesn’t convey any semantic information,

How would you know it didn't in that hypothetic (though HTML inspired)
language of mine? Anyhow, I considered the code being preformatted
rather presentational in this example.

In HTML |class| does not have no semantics, but just no defined,
explicit semantics.