Re: Tag / element question

Two things.

a) thead and tfoot aren't for column and row header or labeling
information explicitly. They just get used that way. Simply put thead
and tfoot are just used for replication and don't really have any
semantic information beyond that.

b) HTML tables aren't very semantic in structure. As I see it we have
labels (th) and data (td), but no function or aggregation (tf or ta)
(though you only need one and function is probably a better choice).

I would propose a lot of changes need to be made to really bring HTML
tables into their own. I think they need a lot more capacity for
semantic information and a structure that's less focused on
presentation.

Orion Adrian