Re: The status on <address>

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 20:43:50 +0200
To: Asbjørn Ulsberg <asbjorn@tigerstaden.no>
Cc: "HTML List" <www-html@w3.org>, Christian.Hujer@itcqis.com

* Asbjørn Ulsberg wrote:
>December 1st 2003, Christian Wolfgang Hujer made a proposition[1] to add
>the <addr> and <blockaddr> elements to XHTML 2.0 to replace the existing
><address> element. I just wonder what the status on this proposal is, and
>why the <address> element in XHTML 2.0 still is a bueprint copy of HTML 4.

http://hades.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/xhtml2-issues/Structural?id=7460
which has been rejected with the note "Superseded by PR#7474" and
http://hades.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/xhtml2-issues/Structural?id=7474
which has been rejected with the note

  BAE F2F:we have the structuring facility in XHTML, rather it is more
  efficient to use the meta data (example use property="") Original idea
  is described in PR#7460. For more discussion, see
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2003Dec/thread#3

Christian, did the HTML Working Group ever tell you that they rejected
your suggestion?