Re: hr, fieldset, legend, sub, sup not to be removed XHTML Basic

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <asbjorn@tigerstaden.no>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 07:24:33 +0100
To: trejkaz@xaoza.net
Cc: "HTML List" <www-html@w3.org>

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:52:14 +1100, <trejkaz@xaoza.net> wrote:

> If your document has two sections, put the sections in their own
> a <hr/>.

The problem with <div> is that it doesn't mean anything. So even though it
may divide your document into different boxes, sections and whatever,
that's not a message you can send to the client any more explicit than
making a class or id called 'divider'. So, I'm glad we're getting
<section> in XHTML 2.0.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg         -=|=-        asbjornu@hotmail.com