Re: XML Events : Should modification of the node containing a script be allowed?

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 18:41:39 -0000
To: www-html@w3.org

"Ernest Cline" <ernestcline@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:410-2200431814821453@mindspring.com...
> Well, first off, for XML documents, which also includes XHTML,
> the entire document including gets parsed and loaded before
> any scripts are run,

Could you provide a citation for this, how does "XML documents" place any
limitation on what a particular application might do in response to a
particular script element - XML indeed has no knowledge of what SCRIPT is.

Also applications such as SVG 1.1 AIUI specifically require execution of
script before loading before the entire document is fully parsed and loaded.

So if SVG is incompatible with XML, I'd be interested to see exactly how.

Jim.