Fw: An I-D for text/xml, application/xml, etc.

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:22:04 +0900 (JST)
To: www-html@w3.org

FYI.  In due course, the 'application/xhtml+xml' media type SHALL
also include the fragment identifier syntax for 'application/xml',
at least.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium

From:    MURATA Makoto <murata@hokkaido.email.ne.jp>
To:      ietf-xml-mime@imc.org
Date:    Sun, 25 Jul 2004 09:25:41 +0900
Subject: An I-D for text/xml, application/xml, etc.
----

Based on the discussions in this mailing list and W3C TAG, an
I-D for XML media types has been created.  Major changes from
RFC 3023 are as follows:

   First, text/xml and text/xml-external-parsed-entity are deprecated.
   Second, XPointer ([XPointerFramework] and [XPointerElement]) has been
   added as fragment identifiers for "application/xml".  Third, [XBase]
   has been added as a mechanism for specifying base URIs.  Fourth, many
   references are updated.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murata-kohn-lilley-xml-00.txt

Comments welcome.

Cheers,