Re: 'style' attribute

From: Brian Bober <netdemonz@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:04:04 -0800 (PST)
To: www-html@w3.org

--- Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On 2/22/04 8:26 AM, "Brian Bober" <netdemonz@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > We have Microsoft to thank for CSS being broken
>
> On 2/22/04 9:30 PM, "Orion Adrian" <oadrian@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Given that Microsoft hasn't adopted CSS
>

> Please take the trolling from free email addresses back to slashdot.
>

> Microsoft produced the first browser with good support of CSS1, which in
> fact passed the CSS1 Test Suite (IE5/Mac in March of 2000).
>
>  http://old.alistapart.com/stories/ie5mac/
>
> In many ways, the prevalence of CSS use today is due directly to its strong
> adoption in IE, and the hard work of numerous Microsoft individuals, on both
> implementation and the CSS standards themselves at W3C.
>

> Tantek

Tantek: Its not really trolling since the most popular browser sets the trend
in standards' compliance. I am well aware that Tasman has perhaps the best
standards-compliance of any browser, but few people use the Mac compared to the
PC. It needs to be ported to IE for Windows which has something like 90-100% of
browser users.

All I was saying that since the most popular browser doesn't support CSS1
fully, that we wouldn't be losng much by switching to a new style standard.
That being said, if IE for Win32 adopted Tasman, I'd be extremely pleased and
the argument would be moot.