Re: Tables & Sub-Headings...

From: Chris Moschini <cmoschini@myrealbox.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:14:07 -0500
To: www-html@w3.org

Scott Rippon [Scott.Rippon@arts.monash.edu.au] wrote:
> http://www.arts.monash.edu.au/it/artsweb/info_resources/table-subheadings/index.html
>
> ...Because there isn't a more elegant method of coding the sub-section heading we have to...

But there is. Take your example of desiring a subheading 1 step further, where you require one more level
of subheading. What then? Introduce yet another syntax to the spec?

You're looking for something that is by its nature recursive, and the fact that you can embed tables in
tables provides exactly this mechanism. You can get your subhead semantically by creating a 3 column table
and embedding a table in each column - use TH tags for the subheads. If you need another level of subhead,
embed another table.

-Chris "SoopahMan" Moschini
http://hiveminds.info/
http://soopahman.com/